Many web masters consider themselves as smarter than search engine crawlers as they try to use shortcuts to achieve good search engine placement for their clients. The SEO shortcuts may help the client to attain good rankings but may not help them to sustain it for a long time. Hence, it is vital to stay in compliance with the search engine to ensure success of your SEO campaign.
As Google is the most popular search engine, it is important to comply with their guidelines to secure your position on their SERP (search engine results page). The regular Google updates are a reminder to those webmasters that this search engine won't let them survive by using web-spamming techniques. The latest Penguin update is also a lesson for those web masters, who were trying to fool search spiders by using shortcuts like web-spamming, duplicate content and other shady link building programs.
Most webmasters are confused about the role and consequences of this Penguin update. Before giving any suggestive steps to the webmaster, there are few roles that the Penguin is emphasising on:
- Reducing the website rankings that are using spamming techniques to achieve search engine placement
- Identifying the uniqueness of web content and giving preference to only quality content for higher rankings
- Improving rankings of quality web pages that load faster
- Devaluing websites using more industry jargons
With so many strategies available on the web, it becomes sometimes difficult to prioritise tactics that can boost search engine rankings. To help website owners, there are simple three main tips that will help a site to stay away from Penguin Slaps and achieve sustainability on major search engines:
- Using black hat SEO techniques won't help you to manipulate search engines. It is better to stop using such web-spam tactics to stay away from such penalties.
- Using original, unique and quality content has become the latest trend to achieve success online. So, hire an SEO content writer who will provide keyword-rich content for your business website.
- Participating in link building schemes intending to manipulate search engine rankings will take your website closer to Penguin. It will take time and effort to gain relevant links towards your site.
It is fortunate that there are few SEO companies that have been working only on ethical SEO techniques to help businesses flourish in the online world. It is better to get along with those companies that have good strategies to meet the changing web requirements.